1. Favorite Holiday Song & Movie?
“It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”
It’s a Wonderful Life
2. Favorite Holiday Family Tradition?
Going to the movies on Thanksgiving afternoon.
3. Favorite Holiday Food? Who makes it the best?
Cheese balls. Our son is a great cook and he makes the most wonderful cheese balls that are so tasty and easy to spread.
4. Which of Santa’s Reindeers best describes you? Why?
Dasher. Because I am always dashing here and dashing there to get things accomplished.
5. Do you decorate your house or office for the holidays? Is it religious decorated, secular or a mix of both?
We decorate our front porch and front yard. It is a mix of religious and secular. We decorate very little inside because we have three cats that love all the decorations. I have lost track over the years of how many times the Christmas tree got knock over by the cats.
6. Favorite Holiday Book(s)/Reading.
The Night Before Christmas and any other book that has a holiday theme.
Yes, Virginia There is a Santa Claus
7. This or That ~ Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? Turkey or Ham? Religious or Secular? Santa or Frosty? Hot Toddy or Hot Cider?
On Christmas and New Year’s Day it is Egg Nog, otherwise Hot Chocolate.
Both turkey and ham.
A mix of religious and secular, especially the music.
Santa, he lives in the heart of everyone, young or old.
Hot Cider, this is great after a rumble in the snow making snow angels.
8. What is your favorite part of the holiday season? Least favorite part?
My favorite part of the holiday season is the atmosphere. Most people seem more happy and most likely to say hello or wish one a Happy Holiday Season or a Merry Christmas.
The Bah-Humbugs. The people that always find fault with something.
9. Let it Snow or Holiday in the Sun?
Let it Snow. I was born and raised in the Appalachian Mountains and it was always so beautiful during the Christmas Holiday. Now, I live in the Central Plains and we really need snow this year to combat the summer drought.
10. Favorite Childhood Holiday Memory?
Waking up on Christmas morning and seeing my stocking full of stuff – fruit, candy, nuts, etc.
11. Stay up late & wait for Santa or Bed early & get up early to see what Santa brought?
When our son was small, we stayed up late putting up the Christmas tree, wrapping presents, etc., so it was magical for him on Christmas morning to see what all Santa did at our house. As our son got older it became early to bed and up early to make the traditional cinnamon rolls breakfast.
12. What is your holiday wish?
I wish for peace throughout the world and that people would be kind to each other and learn tolerance.