1. If you could trade places with any of your leading ladies, who would it be and why??
Fallon O’Shea in a heartbeat. Sexy, independent tattoo artist and badass druid.
2. In 5 words, please describe your ‘Romance Writing Style’.
(these kind of questions are hard) Bold, sexy, real, daring, paranormal
3. Are any of your more ‘passionate’ scenes, based on any real life experiences?
4. What is your ‘girl vice’? ie getting your hair done? Nails? Shopping? Gossiping? Chick flicks?
I’m so not girly. I do get lost in novels, but I don’t do any of those other things too much.
5. Are any of your leading ladies, based on your you or any of the ladies in your life? If so, who?
There are pieces of me in a lot of the characters. I don’t base anyone off any real person. I just don’t. I have very vivid characters in my head already.
6. When writing your more ‘adult’ scenes, do you picture what’s happening in your head, then write what you see? Of do you use another technique?
Oh, I see it all and write it as I go.
7. This or That ~ Wine or Beer? Sex in the City or Caroline in the City? Perfume or Jewelry? Painted nails or Au Natural? Tall or Dark or Handsome?
Beer. Neither, never watched either. Jewelry as long as it’s not gaudy. Au Natural. Depends on the man.
8. Do your leading men come from any place in particular? Dreams? Movie stars? Your partner? Past partners?
My imagination. Like I said, I tend not to base characters off people. It’s hard finding people who could fit my characters. No one quite works.
9. What is the first romance novel you ever read? How old were you?
Actual romance? I was thirteen or fourteen and it was just some random book on my mom’s shelf I don’t remember the name or the author, but it was from Harlequin. I was reading Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Robert McCammon long before that though. I still read a little of everything.
10. Do you write for a particular audience or for yourself and pray others like it as well?
I write for myself and hope people like it. If they don’t, well that’s okay, not every book is for everyone. I can only write what is in my head.
11. What was the LAST (most recent) romance novel you read? Did you enjoy it?
The very last one was a beta read for Magen McMinimy’s next project. I love it.
15. How hard do you try to keep your ‘love’ scenes realistic and flow with the plot? Does it come easy for you?
It comes easily, I just hope I’m doing it well. Sex comes with romance most of the time, so it seems natural that it would flow into the story in places.
16. in 5 years, where would you like to be in your career as a romance author? 10 years?
I hope I’m still writing. In five years and even ten I’ll likely be in the same world, but maybe onto spin off series. They’ll all interweave to some degree, and have some recurring characters and groups.
17. When it comes to mainstream Romance authors, who do you enjoy curling up with to read?
Lauren Dane, Gena Showalter, JR Ward. Yes, most of my favorites are paranormal, but I write paranormal. Although I love everything Lauren Dane writes.
18. If your sweetheart wanted to sweep you off your feet, what would they need to do??
Respect me for me. They would have to care about what I think and what I want. No, I don’t want someone to roll on their backs and give me everything, I like some compromise, and I like real discussions. I don’t care about rich, and looks are great but they don’t make you a good person.
19. In the spectrum of ‘Romance’, where would you place your most recent novel? Closer to the ‘Sweet’ side or ‘Naughty/Erotica’ side or somewhere in the middle??
The one I’m working on now is somewhere in the middle. I definitely have some naughty, but I weave in a lot of paranormal aspects which have nothing to do with the love stuff going on. Although the hot steamy scenes are definitely there.
20. Do you ever daydream about people you see at the park? Airport? Train station? Mall? And build romance scenes around them while you daydream?
No, I’m too busy with the ones in my head.
21. This or That ~ Romantic Dinner at Home or Romantic Dinner Out? Roses or Lilies? Diamonds or Emeralds? Demure or Sex Kitten? Making love on a secluded Beach or Making love in a secluded cabin in the woods?
Romantic dinner at home, you can have so much more fun. Lilies, more often than not creeps have given me roses. Ooh, how about a little of both?