1. If you could trade places with any of your leading ladies, who would it be and why??
Certainly, I would trade places with Mila. She’s the alpha in that relationship. But, I love how Landon can also take charge and knows what he’s doing, if you know what I mean.
2. In 5 words, please describe your ‘Romance Writing Style’.
Steamy, sweet, erotic, Happy Ending – take that last one however you want. 😉
3. Are any of your more ‘passionate’ scenes, based on any real life experiences?
Great question! Aren’t you nosey? LOL! Yes. Come on, how can you write about sex and not have a little bit of yourself, or your significant other, sneak in?
4. What is your ‘girl vice’? ie getting your hair done? Nails? Shopping? Gossiping? Chick flicks?
Although I must admit to shopping and enjoying the occasional chick flick, I’m lazy about my nails. I’d have to say gossiping. Don’t judge, or tell me any secrets.
Wait, please do! I promise, this time I won’t tell.
5. Are any of your leading ladies, based on you or any of the ladies in your life? If so, who?
I think Mila is a combination of a few people I’ve met along the way. She’s definitely more take charge than I am, but I have been known to be a little stubborn. I trust quicker than she does though, and I’m not as guarded. Though, I’m not always being hunted by wolves. Certainly, I’d be guarded too!
6. When writing your more ‘adult’ scenes, do you picture what’s happening in your head, then write what you see? Of do you use another technique?
I picture it in my head, but just like in real life, sometimes things unexpectedly deviate; in a good way.
7. This or That ~ Wine or Beer? Wine, Moscato. Sex in the City or Caroline in the City? Sex in the City, hands down. Perfume or Jewelry? Jewelry. Painted nails or Au Natural? Au natural. Like I said, lazy. Tall or Dark or Handsome? Why not have all three? In ONE guy! Get your mind out of the gutter!
8. Do your leading men come from any place in particular? Dreams? Movie stars? Your partner? Past partners?
Certainly, there is a little bit of my fiancée in my leading man. Past partners? Oh, I know better than to go anywhere near there with that question!!
9. What is the first romance novel you ever read? How old were you?
I would guess I was about 13 or so when I started reading Barbara Cartland. I was hooked.
10. Do you write for a particular audience or for yourself and pray others like it as well?
I think most women enjoy a little romance and sexual tension, that fun will they or won’t they anticipation. It’s what I like to read, so I write it.
11. What was the LAST (most recent) romance novel you read? Did you enjoy it?
I think the last real romance I read would have to be Fifty Shades. Yes, like the rest of the world, I read it. I enjoyed it. I wouldn’t say that I loved it so much that I would send crazy emails to the author about her actor & actress choices to play in the movie, but it certainly kept me reading!
12. As a writer of romance, do you ever put yourself in your leading lady’s shoes and ‘walk’ around in them before you write?
Yes, certainly. But it’s more like, if this happened to me, how would I react? And then, ok, now if this happened to me and I could kill someone with my bare hands and was part animal and wouldn’t go to prison, how would I act?
13. Would You Rather ~
Live 1 wk in your leading lady’s shoes
The leading lady from another author? Who & Why?
Hmm.. this is a tough question. Mainly, because I think we all do this when we read and I certainly do when I write. You know, try on a different pair of shoes for a bit and strut around in them. I would have to say my leading lady’s shoes, because then I get to decide where we walk.
14. Do you have any advice to give the leading lady of the novel you are currently working on or just finished?
I would tell Mila that I’m sorry for the roller coaster she’s about to ride on, but that she may want to hold on.
15. How hard do you try to keep your ‘love’ scenes realistic and flow with the plot? Does it come easy for you?
So far, I haven’t found it too difficult. But, in the sequel to “Draw of the Bane” that I’m currently working on, tentatively titled “Rise of the Red Wolf,” there are some interesting twists of events. I know I’m going to have a hard time writing one sex scene in particular.
16. in 5 years, where would you like to be in your career as a romance author? 10 years?
In five years, I hope to still be writing. In ten, it would certainly be nice to be able to do it full time. But for now, I’m just excited that I’m able to put my imagination on paper and entertain someone, other than just keeping myself awake at night.
17. When it comes to mainstream Romance authors, who do you enjoy curling up with to read?
I really like Nicholas Sparks. The Notebook will always be one of my faves.
18. If your sweetheart wanted to sweep you off your feet, what would they need to do??
Oh la la, a trip to Paris and a romantic dinner overlooking the Eiffel Tower, followed by a Gondola ride through Italy, and then we’re off sailing from one beautiful Greek islands to the next along gentle rolling waves of the Mediterranean. Just kidding, I’m easy. Rub my back. Better yet, do the dishes.
19. In the spectrum of ‘Romance’, where would you place your most recent novel? Closer to the ‘Sweet’ side or ‘Naughty/Erotica’ side or somewhere in the middle??
I would say somewhere in the middle. Landon and Mila both show a little of a sensitive and loving side, but both are a little rough and naughty, too.
20. Do you ever daydream about people you see at the park? Airport? Train station? Mall? And build romance scenes around them while you daydream?
For the sake of my current relationship, I can neither confirm nor deny the existence, or non-existence, of said daydreams. Furthermore, should said daydreams exist, certainly they would be so scandalous and tawdry, that to speak of said imaginary trysts would certainly paint oneself as a person of questionable moral integrity. Therefore, I am a person of questionable moral integrity who really loves her fiancée. LOL! Yeah, I think that was a sufficient answer; even I’m not sure what I said. Nailed it! The question, of course.
21. This or That ~ Romantic Dinner at Home or Romantic Dinner Out? Romantic Dinner Out, no dishes! Roses or Lilies? Roses. Diamonds or Emeralds? Diamonds, I guess; if you’re really going to make me choose just one. Demure or Sex Kitten? Sex Kitten. Making love on a secluded Beach or Making love in a secluded cabin in the woods? Making love on a secluded beach, brings back fond memories. Oops, I mean, sounds like a good time!