1. If you could trade places with any of your leading ladies, who would it be and why??
Well, I have a paranormal romance novel out, Fallen Desire Series, and I would love to trade places with the leading lady, Lindsay. How awesome would it be to live in a world filled with Fallen Angels, Demons, Witches, and for you to be the main part of the survival of all. Also, who wouldn’t want to have witch like powers and be the redeemer? I know I would.
2. In 5 words, please describe your ‘Romance Writing Style’.
Blunt, Sexy, Mouth Open Shock
3. Are any of your more ‘passionate’ scenes, based on any real life experiences?
Not necessarily. The emotions yes but the actions are all the characters.
4. What is your ‘girl vice’? ie getting your hair done? Nails? Shopping? Gossiping? Chick flicks?
Definitely getting my hair done and chick flicks! Love a good movie that will have me laughing one moment and crying the next. Of course one of my favorites is “The Note Book” as well as “A Walk to Remember”.
5. Are any of your leading ladies, based on your you or any of the ladies in your life? If so, who?
Nope! Both my leading ladies are all their own. Some personality traits might pop up that seem similar to me but neither of them are based off of anyone I know.
6. When writing your more ‘adult’ scenes, do you picture what’s happening in your head, then write what you see? Of do you use another technique?
I picture what is happening as I’m writing it. I picture the whole scene to get an idea of everything that is happening, with the characters and around them as well.
7. This or That ~ Wine or Beer? Sex in the City or Caroline in the City? Perfume or Jewelry? Painted nails or Au Natural? Tall or Dark or Handsome?
Wine, wine and wine! Sex in the City… Perfume… Au Natural… Definitely Tall, Dark and Handsome… But if I had to pick one then I’ll go with Dark.
8. Do your leading men come from any place in particular? Dreams? Movie stars? Your partner? Past partners?
When coming up with my leading men I have their personality first. Who they are… then with that I come up with what they look like. Typically from movies and just mix characters together to come up with my leading man.
9. What is the first romance novel you ever read? How old were you?
Good Question… well… in all honesty, I’m a huge paranormal reader. Hadn’t read a whole lot of just romance. I’ve read some paranormal romance but the first adult romance book I read was “Fifty Shades of Grey” and I’m not ashamed to say that I loved it. But one of my favorites right now is Gabriel’s Rapture and Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard.
10. Do you write for a particular audience or for yourself and pray others like it as well?
I write for myself and prey others will like it! The adult novel I’m working on now has me on the edge of my seat to think others will be reading it by the end of this year. I have two books out already and this one has me the most nervous.
11. What was the LAST (most recent) romance novel you read? Did you enjoy it?
Last romance novel I read was “Who He Is” by Shanora Williams and I loved, loved, loved it!
12. As a writer of romance, do you ever put yourself in your leading lady’s shoes and ‘walk’ around in them before you write?
Yes! Most definitely. I become my character. I have to feel her emotions in order to be able to write her story. I get into the scenes and she becomes a part of me. I think in order to be able to write a story you have to become your characters in some way.
13. Would You Rather ~
Live 1 wk in your leading lady’s shoes
The leading lady from another author? Who & Why?
In my paranormal romance I would love to live a week in Lindsay’s shoes. Only because I love the paranormal and her relationship with the Fallen Angels that it would be an incredible experience that I would not pass up.
14. Do you have any advice to give the leading lady of the novel you are currently working on or just finished?
Yes! I would tell Stephanie in my adult novel I’m working on, “Evil of Love”, to choose the path that seems that hardest because in the long run it will pay off and the happiness she’s been looking for will be waiting for her.
15. How hard do you try to keep your ‘love’ scenes realistic and flow with the plot? Does it come easy for you?
I’ve found it easy to flow with the plot but I feel at times writing a love scene can be difficult. This is my first adult novel I’ve written and I’m having so much fun with it but I have found myself having a hard time finding the right way to say things for it to seem realistic. In every scene I do my best to relate it to real life and make sure that it’s something that could really happen.
16. in 5 years, where would you like to be in your career as a romance author? 10 years?
In 5 years I want to have at least 10 more books published. My goal is for 2 books a year. In ten years I want to be able to stay home and just write and be writing at least 4 books a year. I love to write and if I could do it all day every day it would make my life complete.
17. When it comes to mainstream Romance authors, who do you enjoy curling up with to read?
I have never had one favorite author. I will read anything new or old. If anyone recommends it, I will read it!
18. If your sweetheart wanted to sweep you off your feet, what would they need to do??
Surprise me. I love surprises. From just showing up with a rose in hand, to planning a weekend beach trip.
19. In the spectrum of ‘Romance’, where would you place your most recent novel? Closer to the ‘Sweet’ side or ‘Naughty/Erotica’ side or somewhere in the middle??
My current project, Evil of Love, would be somewhere in the middle. It’s defiantly sexy and at times naughty but doesn’t get to crazy.
20. Do you ever daydream about people you see at the park? Airport? Train station? Mall? And build romance scenes around them while you daydream?
I don’t. When I day dream, I’m dreaming up my own characters and own scenes. I have yet to base my characters on someone I know or have seen.
21. This or That ~ Romantic Dinner at Home or Romantic Dinner Out? Roses or Lilies? Diamonds or Emeralds? Demure or Sex Kitten? Making love on a secluded Beach or Making love in a secluded cabin in the woods?
Romantic Dinner at home because you never know where it will lead and I would prefer to not be in public. 😉 Roses! Diamonds because they sparkle! I’m gonna go with the Sex Kitten. Even though I love the beach I’m going to go with Cabin in the woods. Seems scary and exciting at the same time.