1. If you could trade places with any of your leading ladies, who would it be and why?? I would trade places with Zoe, my leading lady in September Tango, only to relive the romance between my husband and I when we first got together.
2. In 5 words, please describe your ‘Romance Writing Style’. Hot, spicy, sensual, sweet, emotional.
3. Are any of your more ‘passionate’ scenes, based on any real life experiences? Absolutely. I write what I know.
4. What is your ‘girl vice’? ie getting your hair done? Nails? Shopping? Gossiping? Chick flicks? Chick flicks! And excessive amounts of popcorn while watching!
5. Are any of your leading ladies, based on your you or any of the ladies in your life? If so, who? Yes! Zoe is based on me, in Beautiful Downfall I have my adopted mom, a group of crazy friends as well. My best friend is in my paranormal series.
6. When writing your more ‘adult’ scenes, do you picture what’s happening in your head, then write what you see? Of do you use another technique? I put myself into the scene, I imagine what I’d like and how I’d respond.
7. This or That ~ Wine or Beer? Sex in the City or Caroline in the City? Perfume or Jewelry? Painted nails or Au Natural? Tall or Dark or Handsome? Eww, a mojito here! Sex in the City. Jewelry. Au Natural. Dark!
8. Do your leading men come from any place in particular? Dreams? Movie stars? Your partner? Past partners? Usually my husband takes the cake on my leading hotties. But there have been some rather yummy guys I’ve drawn inspiration from. *whispers* Paul Walker
9. What is the first romance novel you ever read? How old were you? Oh gosh. I don’t remember the name, but I was twelve.
10. Do you write for a particular audience or for yourself and pray others like it as well? I write for myself, and if others like it, then that’s icing on the cake.
11. What was the LAST (most recent) romance novel you read? Did you enjoy it? The last romance novel I read was The Space in Between – Brittainy C Cherry. I loved it.
12. As a write of romance, do you ever put yourself in your leading lady’s shoes and ‘walk’ around in them before you write? Absolutely. I need to know my character!
13. Would You Rather ~
Live 1 wk in your leading lady’s shoes
The leading lady from another author? Who & Why? Live a week in my leading lady’s shoes. Because most of the stuff I’ve already lived through and know I can make it I’d live in Camille from Beautiful Downfall’s shoes
14. Do you have any advice to give the leading lady of the novel you are currently working on or just finished? I just finished writing Cherry Tart, which will be released October 4th, and I’d tell Cherry to keep on being strong and secure in herself.
15. How hard do you try to keep your ‘love’ scenes realistic and flow with the plot? Does it come easy for you? I love writing love scenes, they are easy for me to finish.
16. in 5 years, where would you like to be in your career as a romance author? 10 years? In five years I’d like to just still be writing, maybe go to a few signings. In ten years I’d like to make enough to take my husband and son on vacation in Europe.
17. When it comes to mainstream Romance authors, who do you enjoy curling up with to read? I enjoy reading Debbie Maccomber from time to time.
18. If your sweetheart wanted to sweep you off your feet, what would they need to do?? My husband is the absolute Prince Charming of men. He helps me out so much, doing housework, making coffee for me when I’m in the zone, cooking for me. He just needs to be him.
19. In the spectrum of ‘Romance’, where would you place your most recent novel? Closer to the ‘Sweet’ side or ‘Naughty/Erotica’ side or somewhere in the middle?? Oh my, Cherry Tart is definitely naughty and hot.
20. Do you ever daydream about people you see at the park? Airport? Train station? Mall? And build romance scenes around them while you daydream? Absolutely! I’m a major matchmaker. I wonder about their lives, and if they are happy. If they are fulfilled, etc.
21. This or That ~ Romantic Dinner at Home or Romantic Dinner Out? Roses or Lilies? Diamonds or Emeralds? Demure or Sex Kitten? Making love on a secluded Beach or Making love in a secluded cabin in the woods? Romantic dinner home, roses, emeralds, sex kitten, and no sand in my butt crack, give me the cabin!