1. If you could trade places with any of your leading ladies, who would it be and why?? Well, since I’ve only published one book so far, I guess it’d have to be Julia since she gets to spend time with sexy Chase 😉
2. In 5 words, please describe your ‘Romance Writing Style’. Humorous, sassy, sexy, hot, romantic
3. Are any of your more ‘passionate’ scenes, based on any real life experiences? I wish… lol Actually, a couple could be, but only from back in the day when I was a little more “bendy”
4. What is your ‘girl vice’? ie getting your hair done? Nails? Shopping? Gossiping? Chick flicks? Is eating chocolate considered a girl vice? ‘Cause if it is, I’ve nailed that bitch.
5. Are any of your leading ladies, based on your you or any of the ladies in your life? If so, who? Um, Julia’s pretty snarky & I take great pride in my snarkiness, so she’d be a tad bit based on me in that way, I guess! 🙂
6. When writing your more ‘adult’ scenes, do you picture what’s happening in your head, then write what you see? Of do you use another technique? Definitely picture it in my head… but as I write, I’ll also mimic certain things that I have my characters doing, like hand placement or head movement, which if anyone were to walk in the room when I’m doing this, they’d probably try to perform an exorcism on me…
7. This or That ~ Wine or Beer? Sex in the City or Caroline in the City? Perfume or Jewelry? Painted nails or Au Natural? Tall or Dark or Handsome? Wine~Sex in the City~Perfume~Painted~Dark (they’re more intriguing) 😉
8. Do your leading men come from any place in particular? Dreams? Movie stars? Your partner? Past partners? One particular past partner *sighs*
9. What is the first romance novel you ever read? How old were you? Forever by Judy Blume. It was my older sister’s book, but I snuck it out and my best friend and I went to the park to read the “dirty parts.” I think we were about thirteen and, boy, did we little innocent girls receive an education that day…
10. Do you write for a particular audience or for yourself and pray others like it as well? I honestly write for myself, but I do like to please others, so I’d like to think that I try at least to write for others… then pray that they like it too lol
11. What was the LAST (most recent) romance novel you read? Did you enjoy it? Shadow’s Claim by Kresley Cole. I love her writing. The woman could write about a root canal & I’d devour it.
12. As a writer of romance, do you ever put yourself in your leading lady’s shoes and ‘walk’ around in them before you write? Yes, definitely. I do that with all my characters. I have to get in their heads so they can tell me where to go next.
13. Would You Rather ~
Live 1 wk in your leading lady’s shoes
The leading lady from another author? Who & Why? I’d probably choose my own leading lady because that way, I’d feel better about smacking some sense into her when she’s being stupid when it comes to the hot leading male 😉
14. Do you have any advice to give the leading lady of the novel you are currently working on or just finished?The one I’m currently working on–I’d tell her not to worry, that it’ll all work out in the end (even though she’s gonna have to go through some major crappola to get there)
15. How hard do you try to keep your ‘love’ scenes realistic and flow with the plot? Does it come easy for you?
They come pretty easy for me for some reason. I think I’ve read enough smut that it’s all sunk deep into my brain by now which helps a lot…
16. in 5 years, where would you like to be in your career as a romance author? 10 years? I’d LOVE LOVE LOVE to be making a living off my writing for the rest of my life! That’s my ultimate goal!
17. When it comes to mainstream Romance authors, who do you enjoy curling up with to read? Kristen Ashley is a big fav of mine. No one beats her alpha dudes—HOT! I also love Kresley Cole, J.R. Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Colleen Hoover, Cherrie Lynn, Jill Shalvis, Pamela Clare, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Karen Marie Moning, Charlaine Harris, Nicole Williams, Karina Halle, Samantha Young… Okay, I’ll stop now
18. If your sweetheart wanted to sweep you off your feet, what would they need to do?? Hm… he’d need to catch my attention by having an awesome sense of humor, be amazingly sexy and confident. Oh, and it wouldn’t hurt if he had a huuuuuuuuge…….. bank account either
19. In the spectrum of ‘Romance’, where would you place your most recent novel? Closer to the ‘Sweet’ side or ‘Naughty/Erotica’ side or somewhere in the middle?? I’d have to go with somewhere in the middle
20. Do you ever daydream about people you see at the park? Airport? Train station? Mall? And build romance scenes around them while you daydream? All the time. People are so interesting to watch and I can create stories just from observing them.
21. This or That ~ Romantic Dinner at Home or Romantic Dinner Out? Roses or Lilies? Diamonds or Emeralds? Demure or Sex Kitten? Making love on a secluded Beach or Making love in a secluded cabin in the woods? Romantic dinner out (unless he’s the one cooking & he cooks well then home). Lilies. Diamonds. Demure. Cabin, definitely (have you ever had sand get in places that sand should never be? Not. Pretty.)