1. If you could trade places with any of your leading ladies, who would it be and why??
I’d have to say Christy Nelson in my first book, Accidental SEAL. She gets tied up by the hero in the first chapter, with her own pantyhose. Yum!
2. In 5 words, please describe your ‘Romance Writing Style’.
Lots of sexual tension, lots of sex, lots of swearing.
3. Are any of your more ‘passionate’ scenes, based on any real life experiences?
Just in my own head. I did find a naked man in a house I was showing, however.
4. What is your ‘girl vice’? ie getting your hair done? Nails? Shopping? Gossiping? Chick flicks?
Mani and pedi. Hot stone massages.
5. Are any of your leading ladies, based on your you or any of the ladies in your life? If so, who?
I only wish I was a size 4 with big boobs that were still perky!
6. When writing your more ‘adult’ scenes, do you picture what’s happening in your head, then write what you see? Of do you use another technique?
I have my favorite love scene music I play over and over again while I write the scene. Thank God for the repeat button on iTunes.
7. This or That ~ Wine or Beer? Sex in the City or Caroline in the City? Perfume or Jewelry? Painted nails or Au Natural? Tall or Dark or Handsome?
Wine (I live in wine country). Sex anywhere is fine with me. Even in a pickup. Jewelry. Definitely painted nails. I like them tall, dark AND handsome, and married me one!
8. Do your leading men come from any place in particular? Dreams? Movie stars? Your partner? Past partners?
In my Guardian Angel series, Daniel was a Brazilian painter. I based his character on Rodrigo Santoro. Do yourself a favor and look up the Chanel No. 5 commercial he did with Nicole Kidman. That’s my Daniel. I’d run away with him in a heartbeat.
9. What is the first romance novel you ever read? How old were you?
Some trashy novel someone left in the last pew at church. First time I read a sex scene. Loved it.
10. Do you write for a particular audience or for yourself and pray others like it as well?
I guess if it gives me goosebumps and slightly turns me on, I consider it good. If I read it the next day and like it better, then it’s a keeper. Next day test is critical.
11. What was the LAST (most recent) romance novel you read? Did you enjoy it?
I read Marliss Melton’s The Protector. Loved it. Love all her work. She’s also a good friend.
12. As a write of romance, do you ever put yourself in your leading lady’s shoes and ‘walk’ around in them before you write?
Most definitely. I put myself right into those lacy bras and panties.
13. Would You Rather ~
Live 1 wk in your leading lady’s shoes
The leading lady from another author? Who & Why?
That’s a hard question to write. Can I say I want to live in all their lives? Does that make me evil that I want full on experiences and as many as possible in my mind?
14. Do you have any advice to give the leading lady of the novel you are currently working on or just finished?
Go with your gut, Devon. Take the SEAL. He’s the real deal, and he’ll never leave you or let you down. He loves as hard as he works. He’s deadly on the battlefield and even deadlier in bed. You won’t regret it, my dear!
15. How hard do you try to keep your ‘love’ scenes realistic and flow with the plot? Does it come easy for you?
Most people read my books for the love scenes. I think they flow easily for me.
16. in 5 years, where would you like to be in your career as a romance author? 10 years?
In 5 years I’d like my husband to be able to retire from real estate so we can travel and I can write while we travel. Means we have to finish our landscaping job at the house so everything can be automatically watered instead of the 2-3 hours every day it takes for me to water my flower and vegetable gardens. I love it, but it takes me away from writing.
17. When it comes to mainstream Romance authors, who do you enjoy curling up with to read?
For paranormal: Kresley Cole. Contemporary Romance: Marliss Melton, Cathy Mann.
18. If your sweetheart wanted to sweep you off your feet, what would they need to do??
Romantic getaway with lots of sex. Surprise trips to Europe in a chartered jet.
19. In the spectrum of ‘Romance’, where would you place your most recent novel? Closer to the ‘Sweet’ side or ‘Naughty/Erotica’ side or somewhere in the middle??
My most recent novel would be in the middle. I don’t write erotica, but I do write hot. The book I’m currently working on has a heroine who is a virgin when she meets the SEAL of her dreams. But not for long.
20. Do you ever daydream about people you see at the park? Airport? Train station? Mall? And build romance scenes around them while you daydream?
All the time. I make up stories. They inspire scenes I write and sometimes use later.
21. This or That ~ Romantic Dinner at Home or Romantic Dinner Out? Roses or Lilies? Diamonds or Emeralds? Demure or Sex Kitten? Making love on a secluded Beach or Making love in a secluded cabin in the woods?
Romantic dinners out, by a fireplace especially. Roses. Diamonds. Demure but hot when opened up! I like the cabin with a roaring fire. But it could be on the beach too. Love the sound of water.