1. If you could trade places with any of your leading ladies, who would it be and why??
💗Rachel, sure. She already embodies a lot of me, close friends will see many of my little “quirks” in her. If you have ever seen a picture of me, and read my novella, “Trust Me”, you would see many similarities.
2. In 5 words, please describe your ‘Romance Writing Style’.
💗Complex, Fun, Edgy, Naughty, passionate
3. Are any of your more ‘passionate’ scenes, based on any real life experiences?
💗Yep; since this is my first real effort into writing anything, a lot is drawn from real life.
4. What is your ‘girl vice’? ie getting your hair done? Nails? Shopping? Gossiping? Chick flicks?
💗 Bubble baths & doing my nails.
5. Are any of your leading ladies, based on your you or any of the ladies in your life? If so, who?
💗Rachel is a lot of me, so is another character I’m in the process of working on. Rachel is more me over the last 10 or 15 years and the other character is me from a past life, so very different sides of me.
6. When writing your more ‘adult’ scenes, do you picture what’s happening in your head, then write what you see? Or do you use another technique?
💗Yep; it’s like watching a movie, I write what I see, then fill in the smells and sounds for the reader.
7. This or That ~ Wine or Beer? Sex in the City or Caroline in the City? Perfume or Jewelry? Painted nails or Au Natural? Tall or Dark or Handsome?
💗Wine, Moscato or Pink Moscato. Caroline in the City. Jewelry. Painted. All 3!
8. Do your leading men come from any place in particular? Dreams? Movie stars? Your partner? Past partners?
💗Everywhere! All of the above! My fantasies, handsome actors, my husband, past lovers, random pictures.
9. What is the first romance novel you ever read? How old were you?
💗”True Blue Knight” by Roseanne Williams, harlequin temptation, I still have it! I was 16. It’s been dropped in the bath, had breast milk on it, it’s not in great (or even good) shape, but it’s my go to and I love it!!! Please don’t report me to the Book Police!!
10. Do you write for a particular audience or for yourself and pray others like it as well?
💗I write for me and refine for others lol.
11. What was the LAST (most recent) romance novel you read? Did you enjoy it?
💗”The Vampire with the Dragon Tattoo” by Kerrelyn Sparks, it’s book 14, in her Love At the Stake series; I am currently reading “One Lucky Vampire” by Lynsay Sands (paperback). My ereaders have Indie Authors I’m Beta reading.
12. As a writer of romance, do you ever put yourself in your leading lady’s shoes and ‘walk’ around in them before you write?
💗I’ve walked in their shoes a lot. It helps me to get a feel for what is going on and to better describe that to a reader so they are there as well.
13. Would You Rather ~
Live 1 wk in your leading lady’s shoes
The leading lady from another author? Who & Why?
💗I have already… But I would love to walk in Leigh from the Argeneau books by Lynsay Sands; she puts up with Lucian and he’s one bad a$$ or Faith Malone from Maya Banks novel “Sweet Surrender”. Both ladies are strong and they own who they are and don’t make any excuses for it; they also have very strong male counterparts that are Alpha male and they balance them out.
14. Do you have any advice to give the leading lady of the novel you are currently working on or just finished?
💗I PROMISE things get better in the next one!! You are stronger than you realize & have a lot of support! Hang in there Rachel.
15. How hard do you try to keep your ‘love’ scenes realistic and flow with the plot? Does it come easy for you?
💗If it doesn’t feel ‘natural’ then I don’t add it in. It has to flow with the story and feel like it belongs there, not like it was put there for the sake of being there.
16. In 5 years, where would you like to be in your career as a romance author? 10 years?
💗I would love to have a few novels under my belt and be doing it full time. In 10 years, I want to have a book on the Best Seller list and have my kids almost out of the house, hehehe.
17. When it comes to mainstream Romance authors, who do you enjoy curling up with to read?
💗 Maya Bands, Kerrelyn Sparks, Lynsay Sands, Shiloh Walker (new to her). Mostly I read Indie Authors.
18. If your sweetheart wanted to sweep you off your feet, what would they need to do??
💗Take the boys for a few hours and let me relax lol or Take me to Ruth’s Chris after a day at the range
19. In the spectrum of ‘Romance’, where would you place your most recent novel? Closer to the ‘Sweet’ side or ‘Naughty/Erotica’ side or somewhere in the middle??
💗More erotica with my current work and more in the middle with another one I have in the works
20. Do you ever daydream about people you see at the park? Airport? Train station? Mall? And build romance scenes around them while you daydream?
💗All the time. It’s a great way to think of characters and to come up with scenes.
21. This or That ~ Romantic Dinner at Home or Romantic Dinner Out? Roses or Lilies? Diamonds or Emeralds? Demure or Sex Kitten? Making love on a secluded Beach or Making love in a secluded cabin in the woods?
💗Dinner out. Emeralds (my beta readers will understand that one soon). Demure. Cabin in the woods (again, my beta victims will be there soon)